Valentine’s day is one of those days… you either hate it, or you love it. When you have ended a relationship, Valentine’s Day can bring out the bitterness in you.
Remember though, the most important person to love first is yourself. Here is an idea, treat yourself to your dream Valentine’s day. Whether that is a wine and dine, or a romantic staycation, or a night in with your favourite foods. Give yourself everything you have always wanted from someone else on Valentine’s day. Light the candles. Get the flowers. Do you! Here are some great self care ideas for this day of self love:
- Take yourself out- Try that restaurant you have been wanting to go to. Go to that movie, try that dance class. Whatever it is…just do it!
- Take your kids out for a date. If you have children, plan a special date with them.
- Give yourself the best night in imaginable. Take a bath with salt and candles. Make the most delicious dinner (or order in). Watch any movie you want. Eat the desert. Do whatever you want!
- Work on your goals. What better way to focus on yourself then to work towards the goals you have set. Use this time to focus on building the life you want and push for it.
- Plan a night with your friends. Have drinks, do a potluck, go to a movie, hit the bar. Surround yourself with people that lift you up and set you free.
- Crank up the music and have a dance party. Listen to whatever you want and dance the night away, or sing your heart out.
- Make no plans and go with the flow. Ask yourself, “what do I want to do right now?” and do it. Once you’ve done that repeat!
- Center yourself and find your peacefulness. Meditate or go to yoga. Take a walk or spend time in nature. Whatever works to ground yourself. Do that!
Valentine’s day shouldn’t just be about celebrating the traditional relationships, it should be about celebrating all relationships and that includes the relationship with yourself. If you can’t date yourself, spoil yourself, pamper yourself, and show yourself love, then how can you expect anyone else to?
So, make this Valentine’s day everything you hoped it would be.