Divorce Paperwork

Separation and Divorce are not the same.  

Separation refers to you living separately and apart from your spouse. You are still legally married. (Once you and your spouse decide to separate, you can move forward with the mediation process.) Once you have been separated for a year, you can then file your divorce paperwork.  

Meanwhile, divorce refers to paperwork you file with the court to receive a legal divorce.  

There are two types of divorce 

  • Simple divorce refers to when the party is not cooperating with the divorce proceedings and therefore the divorce is only filed by one party and the other party is served. The served party then has 30 days to respond. If they don’t, then the divorce will proceed in court.
      • A simple divorce is comprised of one form 8A, one form 25A, one form 36, and form 6B
  • Joint divorce refers to when the divorce paperwork is signed and filed jointly by both parties. This is also known as an uncontested divorce.
      • A joint divorce is comprised of form 8A, one form 25A, and one form 36 for each party.

Clarity is here to help simplify things for you-and hopefully, remove some of your burden. 

Our specialists are available to file paperwork on your behalf. 

Get started

It all starts with a Consultation

Contact Clarity today to learn how we can simplify the separation or divorce process for you. We look forward to helping you.

Recent Blog Posts

7 Ways To Support Your Children Through Divorce

It may no longer be taboo, but it still hurts. Can divorce be what is best? Yes! BUT the reality…

Read More

Blending a Family

Blending a family can be a very delicate process, and many times if not done properly can cause…

Read More

I’ve Decided to Divorce. Now What?

Making the decision to get a divorce isn’t easy. You’ve built your lives together, invested so many…

Read More